Our school is…
a community-based, progressive, co-educational & student-centred school in the heart of Dublin 15.
As a Community School, represented by the Association of Community and Comprehensive Schools (ACCS), we are duty-bound to provide equal access to a comprehensive, community-based, multi-denominational education and to pioneer the delivery of an innovative model of teaching, learning, assessment and reporting. In so doing, we aim to contribute to a just and caring society.
Blakestown Community School is committed to developing our school community by fostering academic and personal development in an inclusive and caring environment through enhancing the quality of learning for all our students.
Blakestown Community School seeks to:
- educate students within a Christian and co-educational environment, which is multi-denominational, community-based, progressive and student-centred.
- cherish the unique contribution of each student and remain true to our motto, Education for Living.
- promote and facilitate the holistic development of all our students by stimulating their intellectual, creative, physical, social and artistic talents in an atmosphere of challenge and support.
- reinforce the self-esteem of our students through positive affirmation in an environment where effort will be recognised and rewarded
- pursue excellence in teaching and learning, confident of its value in society
- support our students as individuals as they travel through the formative life-phase of adolescence, as manifested in our guidance, counselling and pastoral support structures
- pursue the highest standards of learning and achievement for all students
- promote a sports and cultural programme that recognises and develops the talents of students, parents and teachers
- provide learning and leisure opportunities for the wider community, including parents, local residents and the employees of local businesses via the school’s community education programme.
promoting a culture of excellence and quality improvement. They are dedicated and
hardworking, have a clear vision for the future of the school which includes leading a very
impressive school-improvement agenda. The principal and deputy principal are a constant and
proactive presence on the school corridors, are understanding of students’ needs and operate
an open door policy toward teachers, parents and students alike.”